All Applicants fulfilling the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Kuwait national no older than 26 years of age at date of application.
- Holders of a degree in a
qualifying subject which recognized by the Kuwait Ministry of Education awarded no earlier than two years prior to date of application.
- A certified GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent*).
- A. A certified GRE score average of 145 for both verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning (from within the last 5 years) .
B. GMAT no less than 380.
- Applicants should not be currently employed by any other entity.
- Proficient in Arabic and English (reading, writing, conversational).
- Prepared to travel internationally for ten weeks during the program for the International Assignment.
*If you have a GPA equivalent certification, please contact
GTP-Enquiries@kia.gov.kw to enquire suitability and performance criteria.
Application is online through the website. When the application period is open, a link will be available to proceed. Stay up to date with key application dates through the News/events section or see local press for announcement
- For applicants fulfilling the above criteria, applicants will need to submit the following;
- Current CV
- A photograph
- Civil ID copy
- Citizenship document copy
- Birth certificate copy
- Passport copy
- High School certificate
- Accredited academic certificates including transcripts
- Confirmation of graduation from Ministry of Higher Education for non-Kuwaiti University graduates
- Certified performance for GRE / GMAT
- Essays on motivation
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered
The application and selection process
- Applicants submit their application online through this website
- Applicants that meet the application criteria will be invited to take a Financial Test at a local test center
- Applicants successfully completing the Financial Test will subsequently be invited to interview for a place on the Graduate Trainee Program
- After the interview process is complete, successful candidates will be invited to join the next Graduate Trainee Program.
Qualifying subject list
KIA Graduate Trainee Program accepted applicant undergraduate degrees.
|Degree Field||Accepted Degrees|
All Business Administration Majors
|Non-business, quantitative degrees ||Engineering|
|||Sciences (excluding social sciences, healthcare, geography or geology)|
If you are unsure about the suitability of your degree for the program, please contact
Motivation essays are short essays requested from the applicant to provide a greater understanding of the applicant's motivation and rationale for seeking to undertake the program
These essays will primarily be used during the interview process to further understand the applicant
Motivation essay requirements
Two essays are required, one in English and one in Arabic (applicant can choose which essay to write in English or Arabic). Each essay should be no longer than 300 words
Motivation essay titles:
- "What do you hope to achieve from this program?"
- "What is it about Finance that interests you?"
Both motivation essays must be submitted as part of the online application process
What is the Financial Test?
The Financial Test is a multiple-choice test designed to provide a specific understanding of an applicant's existing level of knowledge of finance topics. The test lasts for 30 minutes and is taken at a designated test center.
The following questions provide an indicative sample of the type of questions applicants should expect to be able to answer:
Select the correct answer to complete the statement
1. A great deal of financial theory is based on the concept of free markets and in particular the theory of:
- Perfect competition
- Monopolistic competition
2. Which of the following is a legitimate reason why firm value maximization is preferred to profit maximization as the ideal goal for the firm?
- Value takes account of both profit and cash flow
- Value of discounted cash flow is less ambiguous than profit
- Value takes account of depreciation
- Profit is too concerned with the longer term
What is the stakeholder view of the firm?
- Shareholders should eventually be returned their stake in the firm
- The firm must honor its wider social obligations as well as making money
- The only obligation on the firm is to maximize profit
- The firm exists to maximize return
Mark whether you believe the following statements to be True or False
4. The main purpose of financial accounting is to keep track of company expenses
5. Revenues are not included as a separate item in the basic accounting equation